William P. Heidrich Research Fellowships Program in USA
William P. Heidrich Research Fellowships is offered by The University of Michigan Library’s Special Collections Library to study in the USA. The US, as well as foreign nationals, are eligible to apply for this fellowship program
Applications for support for all types of research projects — academic, creative, journalistic, etc. — will be considered, and no specific credentials are required.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
Benefit of this Research fellowships
The fellowships will provide funds for:
- housing for on-site research on any topic that is supported by the Labadie Collection.
The amount of funding awarded will be based on the individual needs of the recipient(s).
You should meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for the scholarship:
- United States citizens and foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
- 18 years of age or older.
- There are no academic requirements.
Deadline: September 15, 2017.
How to Apply
You should complete the following the documents and submit them to the email provided below:
- Project proposal (500 words or fewer) describing the research topic and why Labadie Collection materials are central to the work. Please be as specific as possible.
- Budget of time needed and travel expenses (make note of regular closings)
- Two letters of support
- CV or resume
- Optional: previous research funding awards (amounts, source, project)
- Optional: personal statement (500 words or fewer) to further support your application
Applications must be submitted via email to heidrichresearchfellowship-at-umich.edu as a single attachment. The application evaluation process may include requests for further information, such as writing samples.