KGSP Korea offers 800 Scholarships for Bachelor, Master and PhD
International students who want to pursue Bachelors, Masters and PhD degrees in Korean Universities can apply to the scholarships offered by Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP). The Korean Government offers Bachelors, Masters and PhD Scholarships for International Students to study at various Korean Universities and Higher Institutions.
- 1 year Korean language course +2 year Associate degree
- 1 year Korean language course + 4 year Bachelors degree
- 1 year Korean language course+ 2 years of Master’s degree
- 1 year Korean language course + 3 years of Doctoral degree
- Resettlement allowance: 200,000 KRW
- Living Allowance:
- undergraduate: 800,000
- graduate: 900,000
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 KRW /month
- Language courses: 800,000 per quarter
- Tuition Fees: Actual cost (no more than 5 Million KRW per semester)
- Award for Excellent Korean language Proficiency: 100,000 KRW
- Research Support: 210000-240,000 per semester
- Candidates and their parents must hold non-Korean citizenship.
- KGSP-G: under 40
- KGSP-U: under 25
- Candidates must be physically and mentally healthy for their studies in Korea.
- KGSP-G: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- KGSP-U: High school diploma
- The cumulative grade point average (CGPA) must be 80% or higher; or
- The CGPA must be 2.64/ 4.0, 2.80/ 4.3, 2.91/ 4.5, or 3.23/ 5.0 or higher.
However, a KGSP scholar who has graduated can apply for this program again only via the embassy and only if he/she holds a TOPIK score of at least Level 4 and obtains another recommendation from the Korean Embassy of his/her respective country of origin (re-application is limited to one instance).
– Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
Eligible Countries: The scholarships are open to students from the following countries:
Afghanistan, USA, Ethiopia, Colombia, Nepal, Senegal, Bangladesh, Ukraine, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Morocco, Azerbaijan, El Salvador, Egypt, Tanzania, Germany, France, Dominica, Chile, Iran, Canada, Democratic Republic of the Congo,China, Japan, Russia, Cambodia, Mongolia, Vietnam, Mexico, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Kazakhstan, Myanmar, Chinese Taipei, Uzbekistan, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Pakistan, Gabon, Romania, Belarus, Bulgaria, Slovakia, United Kingdom, Czech, Guatemala, Ecuador, Algeria, Yemen, Uganda, Belize, Honduras, Italy, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Poland, Ghana, Georgia, Greece, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Nigeria, Republic of South Africa, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste, Rwanda, Libya, Lithuania, Moldavia, Bahrain, Barbados, Bahamas, Venezuela, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Brazil, Brunei, Serbia, Seychelles, Sudan, Sweden, Slovenia, Armenia, Argentina, Haïti, Ireland, Angola, Oman, Austria, Uruguay, Iraq, Israel, Zambia, Cameroon, Qatar, Kenya, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Croatia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Panama, Paraguay, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Fiji, Hungary, Australia, Jordan
- Graduate: February to March
- Undergraduate: September 2017 to October 2017 (To open in September 2017)
How to Apply:
Applicants can only apply for the scholarships through the Korean Embassy in their home country or a participating Korean University.
Download the forms and guideline of available scholarships
2018 Korean Government Scholarship Program for International Students for an Undergraduate Degree (via Korean Embassies):95 Scholarship:
To be selected as a KGSP grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the Korean embassies of his or her origin.
So to apply for the program, please contact the 1st selection organizations to get detailed information on the 1st selection process such as application deadline and required documents, etc.
*Application deadline may differ from one country to another; it will be expected to fall in September or early October.
As for the application guideline and FAQ(frequently asked question), please refer to the attached files.
- 2018 KGSP for International Students for an Undergraduate Degree (via Regional Universities for Natural Science & Engineering Majors): 25 Scholarships
To be selected as a KGSP grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the designated regional Universities.
So to apply for the program, please contact the university to get detailed information on the 1st selection process such as application deadline and required documents, etc.
for more information please visit:
for further queries:
- [Office in charge]
- Overseas Study Support Division,
Dept. of Planning & Management
[Contact: Graduate Program]
[Contact: Undergraduate Program]
- Tel : 82-2-3668-1342
- Fax : 82-2-743-4992
- Email :
- Website : www.studyinkorea.go.kr