Excellence Scholarship programme 2018 in Netherlands
Excellence Scholarship programme
Leiden University offers its Excellence Scholarship programme for the year 2018. this scholarship is for Excellent Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme and students from all nationalities enrolling in a Master of Law Advanced Programme or a Master in Cyber Security or International Relations & Diplomacy.
Fields of Study
- Master of Law Advanced Programme
- Master in International Relations & Diplomacy
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has three awards:
- € 10.000 of the tuition fee
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
Please be aware that the LExS is not a full scholarship
- In his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enroll. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad. We do not need proof of this, it is just to indicate the competitiveness of the scholarship.
- The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (“Studiefinanciering”; more information). This requirement does not apply to applicants who apply for a LExS for programmes mentioned under point 2 “For whom”.
- Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree with the exception of students applying for a Master programme for which a specified previous Master programme or work experience is mandatory (the LLM advanced masters qualify as such).
- Students who are granted a LExS must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the Rules and Regulations attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
Deadline: October 1, 2017
How to Apply
You can apply to this scholarship following the steps below:
- Fill in your online application for admission to Leiden University
- Upload all required documents.
- Indicate clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page. Please note that if you apply for more than one master’s programme, you have to indicate that you apply for the LExS scholarship for all these programmes seperately
- Upload your letter of motivation for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page (see instruction under Letter of motivation for LExS below)
- Submit your online application
- Pay the application fee of € 100
- The selection committee of the relevant faculty will review the applications. Students are selected on the basis of academic merit
- All LExS applicants will be informed by the scholarship department of Student Educational Affairs about the outcome of the selection procedure