Competition for Young Photographers and Peace Effect (YPPE) By GIZ – ZFD Afghanistan
Competition for Young Photographers and Peace Effect (YPPE)
For the first time, the civil peace service of GIZ is conducting peace photography competition in Afghanistan.A chance for enthusiastic photographers to exhibit their photography skills. Therefore we would like to encourage those who has interest to the subject to apply.
The Goals and objectives of Peace Photo computation aims to find photos that communicate strongly about Peace, amity, empathy, tranquility, and harmony.
For the first time, the civil peace service (ZFD) is holding a photography contest in Afghanistan. Therefore we would like to encourage those who has interest to the subject to apply. This contest is open to any photographer, amateur or professional, of any provinces of Afghanistan. Each applicant from overall the country can submit up to three (3) pictures electronically.
The application period runs from 20th July 2017 through 19th August 2017. Evaluation and judging will be based on a detailed set of criteria and conditions for selection of the photos. Assessment of entries will be based on how will the photo depict these criteria such as • Creativity and originality • Composition (Technical excellence and quality) • Artistic merit (wow factor).
The team of jury will notify fifty (50) selected photos which will be included in the exhibition and the tree (3) best photos will be selected us high rated photos of the contest and will be rewarded.
The selection process will be completed by 24th August 2017 and the applicants whose photos are selected for the exhibition will be informed by 31st August 2017 of being selected. We will also contact those applicants whose photos are not selected as top fifty (50) to be aware of the exhibition and the can still participate in the event.
The best three (3) photos will be notified as winning rate of first position, second Position and third Position and we will reward the top 50 us below:
- Top 50 entries will be considered for exhibition in international Peace day on 20th September 2017
- The photo notified as first position, will be rewarded for cash amount of AFA30.000.00 (Thirty thousand Afghani) + certificates + including in ZFD Training list.
- Second position photo, will be rewarded for cash amount of AFA15.000.00(Fifteen thousand Afghani) +certificates + including in ZFD Training list
- The third position phot, will be rewarded for cash amount of AFA10.000.00(ten thousand Afghani) +certificates + including in ZFD Training list
Goals and Objectives:
The Goals and objectives of Peace Photo Contests aims to find photos that communicate strongly about Peace, amity, empathy, tranquility, and harmony. Picture that inspire action by showing the human impact through peace amicable. Pictures that communicate hope, serenity, optimism and the possibility of change are particularly desired. Our ultimate aims are to: show the changing relations between people through Empathy, placate, pacifism and appeaser; raising public awareness about the different issues in the society, to encourage the public, policy‐makers, government authorities and civil society activists to act for a positive change in the society. Especially promoting sustainable peace in the country by trusting that change is possible. They are a cost‐effective means to witness and testify about the cause and the possibilities for change in order to mobilize public action.
We are trying to cover the contest event via deferent media coverage to broadcast it widely. Our plane is to launch the contest via the social media websites and promoted through various media platforms and networks, as well as partners in the GIZ-ZFD family.
- This competition is for young photographers, so only the photographers between the ages of 16 – 30 should apply.
- Start Date : Thursday, 20th July 2017
- Closing Date :Saturday, 19th August 2017
- Declaration of selection Process :Thursday, 31st August 2017
- Awarding Ceremony :Wednesday, 20th September 2017
- This is a solo event, so only one person per registration
- Each participant can send only three photo, needless to say it should be his/her own work that people shown on the picture agreed and that ZFD GIZ will be allowed to publish the photo.
- The file should be in JPEG format and in the range of 1 MB to 15 MB in size.
- Apart from basic enhancements such as cropping, variations in contrast and applying basic filters, no other post processing is allowed.
- All applicants should apply online through website of YPPE linked belwo
- The applicants should name each photos :
Applicant Name-YPPE-P012017 – P022017 & P032017,
- The applicant should write a short note in 20 -50 words about each of the photo he/she sends. The note should explain the history and your idea behind the photo (where and when did you take this photo).
- The decision of organizing committee shall be final under any circumstances
For further information Contact:
Shugufa Shukoori: +93777900604 or email@example.com